Small town, big charm - says it all! Malvern may only be 1.3 square acres, but we think big!
For years, Malvern was the sleepy little town at the end of the Main Line, a quaint borough capping off the R5 train. Our main thoroughfare, King Street, was dotted with small businesses and residential homes. In 2014 the borough welcomed Eastside Flats, a complex of 2 separate apartment buildings to the eastern end of town, melding the Malvern of yesterday with the Malvern of today.
A stroll down King Street today will introduce you to our lovely town. Visit one or our many retail shops including a variety of apparel boutiques for both women and men, trendy furniture and home design stores, gift and floral shops, art galleries, and more. Pamper yourself in one of our indulgent spas or beauty salons. Fuel up at our locally acclaimed eateries, coffee houses and taprooms; or stock up the kitchen at one of our groceries or our weekly farmers market.
In addition, Malvern has a wide range of professional services to offer residents and visitors, including medical and dental offices, a full service pharmacy, legal consulting and financial institutions, automotive repair, and more. Malvern is also home to a variety of religious institutions. And, we have our own post office!
We are a blended town of original Malvern families and newcomers. All seeking that same small town USA experience, where everybody knows everybody. A town where we treasure our past, and embrace our future, and we welcome you to join us! We offer busy calendar of events throughout the year for locals and visitors:
- Malvern Stroll - the third Thursday of every month. Shops are open late, restaurants host specials, and musicians dot the street!
- Malvern Blooms Festival - the first Sunday of May
- Malvern Memorial Parade Weekend (the weekend after Memorial Day), including
- Run for Freedom
- Family Fun Day
- Annual Community Spaghetti Dinner
- Annual Memorial Parade
- Malvern Parks & Recreation Sponsored Events:
- Spring and Fall Yard Sales
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Summer Movie Nights
- Malvern Fire Company Pig Roast
- Malvern Harvest Oktoberfest - the last Sunday of September
- Malvern's Halloween Parade
- Malvern Victorian Christmas - the first Friday and Saturday in December